[freeside] Freeside 1.4.1rc3 svc_forward export issues

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Wed Jul 2 00:22:02 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 02:55:51AM -0400, Stephen Bechard wrote:
> Okay, now that the svc_forward exports is working great,
> I have a couple questions that are related to virtusers.
>
> 1.) It there a way to get the domain catchall address to link to the
>     svc_export so it updates the virtusertable. If not currently
>     supported, can you point me in the direction of adding it?

Currently Kristian and I are both leaning toward removing the catchall
field entirely, but I don't think we've convinced Jeff yet.  I think the
plan last it was discussed was to leave the catchall field intact until
we were happy with an alternative implementation, since it doesn't
interfere.

> 2.) I have several domains being controlled by Freeside and almost
>     all of the virtual domains want a webmaster, info, sales at their
>     specific domains.  I would prefer not to provision a local pop
>     account, just to build the list of address that you can choose
>     from for the source. What do you think about adding a piece for
>     creating virtual addresses that you can just type both fields?
>     kind of like the dst if it is not local.

Sure, we'd be happy to have you involved in the development of the 1.5
series.

We've been through two iterations of aliasing/forwarding stuff (first
svc_acct_sm, now svc_forward), and I don't think either has modeled what
we're looking for very well.  I think we should step back and come
up with a reasonable design first.