[freeside] freeside postgres pass

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Tue Dec 9 09:43:21 PST 2003

"Jeremy Davis" <jeremy at manageisp.com>:

   wrote on Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:55:55 -0500....

+----------
| From: "Jeremy Davis" <jeremy at manageisp.com>
| To: <ivan-freeside at sisd.com>
| Subject: [freeside] freeside postgres pass
|
| Where does Freeside store the db password.  The person I am taking over for
| lost the password, but the billing system continues to function, so I'd
| imagine its somewhere?
+----------

  It stores it in a file specified by the mapsecrets file.  These days
it is usually /usr/local/etc/freeside/secrets as created by the
make create-config command.  You should check the
/usr/local/etc/freeside/mapsecrets file to learn which file contains the
DB password.

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]