[freeside] signup server question

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Mon Sep 23 18:48:15 PDT 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 04:34:09PM -0400, Carol Blevins wrote:
> Now, I have successfuly set up the signup server and it is communicating
> with freeside.
>
> I have searched through the archives and really have not found an answer
> in regards to this.  Is it possible to have the signup server allow
> customers signup for services other than dial up services.

By default, the signup server can currently handle packages with a
single svc_acct service, such a dialup or email.

You can probably handle packages with a single service of any kind, but
you'd need to do the templates yourself.

> I'd like to setup domain and email services to sell online.

You'll want to contribute to the self-service project then
(fs_selfservice), which is replacing the signup server (fs_signup), the
password server (fs_passwd) and the selfadmin stuff (fs_selfadmin).