Signup.cgi

Kevin Ragsdale KevinR at nationsnetwork.com
Wed Sep 11 15:04:36 PDT 2002

I'm now subscribed at my work email address, so sorry for breaking the
thread.  I installed the Signup server on a separate machine - and did more
reading on proper configuration of Apache :^) - and now the .cgi page will
come up.  However, I'm getting an "Error: Illegal username (error code
illegal_username) (2-50)" after pressing the signup button.  Here is the
output from fs_signup_server with Debug=2:

[fs_signup_server] Connecting to 10.5.2.187...
[fs_signup_server] Sending init data...
[fs_signup_server] Entering main loop...
[fs_signup_server] Reading (waiting for) signup data...
[fs_signupd] Reading init data...
[fs_signupd] Creating /usr/local/freeside/fs_signupd_socket
[fs_signupd] Entering main loop...
[fs_signupd] sending signup info...
./fs_signup_server line 110.
  popnum => 1
  daytime =>
  ss =>
  country => US
  first => Madelyn
  payname =>
  referral_custnum =>
  pkgpart => 2
  paydate => 1-2004
  payby => COMP
  state => OK
  county =>
  address1 => 123 Main St
  address2 =>
  night =>
  payinfo => admin
  city => Miami
  fax =>
  invoicing_list => POST
  sec_phrase =>
  username => madelyn
  last => Ragsdale
  zip => 74354
  _password => madelyn
  company =>
[fs_signup_server] Processing signup...
[fs_signupd] reading customer signup...
[fs_signupd] sending customer data to remote server...
[fs_signupd] reading error from remote server...
[fs_signup_server] Sending results...
[fs_signup_server] Reading (waiting for) signup data...
[fs_signupd] sending error to local client...

Freeside 1.41
Mandrake 8.2
Apache 1.3.23
Perl 5.6.1

I also noticed that if I started fs_signup_server after clicking Signup, the
signup server would download the IEAK template file, even though the account
creation failed.

Thanks,

Kevin Ragsdale