[freeside] is not assiging users "regular user" UID's & GID's

Mike mjojciotti at wavelinx.net
Thu Sep 5 20:44:54 PDT 2002

Hi All,

I'd like to start off by saying Thank You for Freeside, and all of the work
that has gone into producing a great piece of software.

On to business...
Is there a way to set a # to start the UID & GID's at (without fixing the
ID's at 1 #)?
(usually the Adduser command will start at above "500" for regular user
ID's).
The problem I have is that Freeside is using ID's incrementally from 1.
So it's giving the users SYSTEM ID's, instead of user ID's, as follows:-

ls of /home:-
4 drwx------    2 nscd         mikeeeec    4096 Sep  5 22:03 mikeeeec02
4 drwx------    2 named      mikejame    4096 Sep  3 20:28 mikejames
4 drwx------    2 aaaaaaaa  aaaaaaaa    4096 Sep  5 22:33 aaaaaaaaaaa
4 drwx------    2 rpc           bbbbbbbb    4096 Sep  5 22:34 bbbbbbbbbbbb

/etc/passwd:-
named:x:25:25:Named:/var/named:/bin/false
mikejames:x:25:512::/home/mikejames:/bin/sh
aaaaaaaaaaa:x:31:31::/home/aaaaaaaaaaa:/bin/sh
bbbbbbbbbbbb:x:32:513::/home/bbbbbbbbbbbb:/bin/sh

I've tried removing the "-u $uid" from the exports, but it doesn't make a
difference.
It's probably something really simple that I am overlooking...
Anyway, any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks for your time,
Mike

System Info:-
Freeside v1.4.0