[freeside] CPAN make test fail - File::CounterFile & Apache::ASP - FreeBSD4.6 Stable

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Thu Oct 17 19:57:13 PDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 04:24:40PM -0400, Peter LaForest wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While using CPAN to make/install the required perl modules
> I ran into trouble with two modules:
>
> File::CounterFile - failed 90% of first round tests and 50% of second.  I
> was not able to find documentation in this problem.  I forced install and
> went on.

Since neither the File::CounterFile CPAN testers page
<http://testers.cpan.org/search?request=dist&dist=File-CounterFile> nor
the bug page <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=File-CounterFile>
show any known issues with File::CounterFile, I suggest you submit your
test results to CPAN testers and/or file a bug.  The appropriate forum
for assistance installing File::CounterFile is the
comp.lang.perl.modules newgroup.

> Apache::ASP - failed 1 test, t/taint_check.t : status 2 wait 512.  I forced
> install.

The appropriate forum for assistance installing Apache::ASP is the
Apache::ASP mailing list.  <http://www.apache-asp.org/support.html>

> If anyone can offer information on how this would impact freeside

Freeside depends on the functionality provided by these modules.  If
they don't pass their own test suites, I don't think it is reasonable
to expect Freeside to run.