Freeside SUID problem

Ron Gage ron at rongage.org
Sat Mar 30 19:29:44 PST 2002

Ok, this one has me stumped...

I have the scripts all set to being owned by freeside:users.  All .cgi
scripts are SUID freeside (4755).  /usr/bin/suidperl is owned root:root
and is a soft link to /usr/bin/suidperl5.6.0.  Various combinations of
ownerships and SUID bits make no difference...

My problem, the scripts run but report that they are not running UID
freeside.  Exact error message (from the error log) is: [Sat Mar 30
22:06:11 2002] part_svc.cgi: Not running uid freeside! at
/hosting/freeside/browse/part_svc.cgi line 57

Again, the scripts do run.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Ron Gage - Owner, Linux Network Services
Reliable, Affordable, Secure Networking Solutions