[freeside] Error when trying to access the .cgi's

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 24 17:50:13 PST 2002

> The one that comes with the pre11 tarball is the pre11 version, of course.

<slaps self on forehead> Of course :-)

> make matters worse, someimes vendors will ship a mod_perl with an @INC
> include path different than the system perl @INC, or people will compile
> their own mod_perl and point the @INC include path at a completely
> separate set of directories than the system perl @INC...  but, as I said,
> if you've never used an earlier revision, than don't waste your time
> worrying about that.

Well, the Perl that Mandrake 8.2 installs with is 5.6.1.  mod_perl is for
Apache 1.3.23.  As I mentioend, all of it is that which is installed from
the Mandrake 8.2 CD's, though without being able to look at the SPEC files
at the moment, I can't say for sure if @INC is pointed elsewhere.  I could
try an absolute minimal install, and install Apache from source (using
Apache Toolbox, to get mod_perl, and allthe other Apache modules I'll need)
installed.  I can then install the other Perl modules Freeside needs.  Once
I do that, I can then determine if the problem is something funky that
Mandrake does (they *do* do some funky things every once in a while).

I have a day off tomorrow, so I'll give that a try.  I'm always
re-installing stuff, so it's no big deal :-)  I'll report back my results,
one way or the other.

Alan Murrell swasak at hotmail.com