[freeside] cust_main.cgi and Credit Card Number Display

Stephen Bechard steve at destek.net
Thu Jun 27 19:54:04 PDT 2002

I see you already posted the diffs for this change in the
"Billing information" table, and the @bills part of the
"Payment History" table in the view/cust_main.cgi.

Thank you. :)

Do we need to be concerned with the @unapplied_payments
piece for the "Payment History" table, as well?

I found one more reference to the Card Number and that is
in the browse/cust_pay_batch.cgi script. I am not currently
using the Online Batch Feature yet, but it also looks like
it might need a slight change too.

I can provide the diffs if they need to be altered.

Thanks Again,
Steve

> Okay.  I'd accept a patch to change the card display in all places, then.
>
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 04:12:17PM -0500, Dave Burgess wrote:
> >

> > ivan wrote:

> > > How about a reference?  Failing that, how about confirmation from
> > > other folks?
> >
> > Confirmed here.  In fact, I noticed the other day that all of the credit
card
> > receipts I've received in the past couple of weeks were like this - even
the one
> > from the gas pump.  My ATM receipts say the same thing.  I also just
ordered
> > something from an on-line company, and they use the same scheme on their
order
> > confirmation E-Mails.
> >
> > Actually, it makes sense.  I know lots of people with three or four Visa
cards,
> > all of which have the same first four digits.

> > > Aren't there a few other places you'd need to make this chane also?
> >
> > It will be a problem anyplace we print out an obfuscated CC number.
Everywhere