Control Panel Integration

James McDonald james at navarette.net
Mon Jun 17 23:38:43 PDT 2002

Is there anyone using Freeside who has integrated it with any of the web
control panel or web hosting management applications? We are an ISP looking
to implement Freeside, but we'd also like to use either a web hosting
control panel application like Plesk or Ensim or even a more broad
management tool such as ispman. It looks like between these management tools
and Freeside, they all want to manage the complete environment, even though
each tool only addresses part of our business. I can do billing for
connectivity services and basic web/e-mail setup with Freeside, but I don't
see how to offer domain customers the kind of control panel application that
other web hosting providers offer. Similarly, I can provide the control
panel and in some cases even manage billing with the other tools, but they
have no idea how to manage dial-up/DSL/T-1 billing. I'd love to find another
Open Source application that integrates nicely with Freeside to fill in the
pieces of the puzzle that seem to be missing. Our goal is to be able to
manage our connectivity and web hosting customers from a single interface
and with as little manual intervention as possible.

Thanks in advance...