[freeside] exporting shell ???

Dave Burgess burgess at mitre.org
Mon Jun 17 10:46:29 PDT 2002

I've been playing around with poppassd, which might get us off the horns of
the dilemma.  Basically, a telnet session to the specified port is set up, and
the user's password can then be changed without any sniffable interaction.

My theory would be that the system would install the user with a default
password (I don't know how poppassd would handle the current default of "*")
and then immediately replace the password with the one specified in the
password field.

I can't do anything with it (in terms of installation) right today, but it is
simple enough to find and install.

Dave