[freeside] Intended use of 'closed' field in cust_bill and friends. (1.4.0pre13)

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Jun 4 10:30:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:11:49PM -0700, baloo at gimpgirl.com wrote:

> OK. Hmm, I saw that pre12 added history tables, but didn't see any
> description of their role. Is there a FM I could R? Or is it still a gleam
> in soneone's eye?

The history tables are there and working.  They aren't documented yet.

> > [wrt cust_bill.owed]
> > > 'open' in that message means "owed/unapplied/credited > 0"(*)
> > >
> > > (*) BTW, there's no mention of a corresponding method for refunds in the
> > > documentation, or anything in the source that looks like it. Oversight? Or
> > > complete trust that although customers sometimes pay more than they owe,
> > > accounts clerks never make that mistake? :-)
> >
> > Sorry, don't understand your question here.
>
> cust_bill.pm has owed and cust_pay.pm has unapplied. cust_credit.pm has
> credited. If cust_refund is to cust_credit what cust_pay is to cust_bill,
> there should be a method in cust_refund that matches what unapplied in
> cust_pay does. Or am I missing something?

s/should/could/, sure.  I don't think it's a priority as it's not needed.
Unlike payments (where applying an "over-payment" is a common situation
that needs to be dealt with), the situation where you apply an
"over-refund" is rather uncommon... I've never heard of anyone needing to
do that, actually.