ivan at 420.am
ivan at 420.am
Mon Jul 22 04:03:26 PDT 2002
here's the blurb i'll be sending around:
I'm pleased to announce the release of Freeside 1.4.0.
Freeside is a web-based, open-source billing and account administration
package for ISPs, web hosts, and similar businesses.
You can see a web demo, read the documentation, and download the new
version at <http://www.sisd.com/freeside>.
Although Freeside is free software, it is supported commercially with
installation, customization, training and support services. Please
consider our services and help support the development of the software!
Major new features in 1.4.0 include:
- Billing engine has been rewritten and now has support for easily added
"price plans". Included price plans include anniversary billing,
1st-of-the-month billing (pro-rated and subscription), free for N days,
commissions for referrals and per-minute/per-hour charges.
- Customer-to-customer referrals, tracking and commissions.
- Configurable invoice events triggered for delinquent customers can
re-send invoices, suspend accounts, charge late fees, and so on.
- Export and provisioning system has been rewritten. New provisioning
methods can now be "plugged-in" for any service type. Included exports
include BSD and Linux password files, configurable shell commands,
RADIUS (both text and SQL, including groups), BIND configuration files,
Cyrus, vpopmail, and many others.
- Complete set of history tables tracking all changes to the database.
- Job queue with display and retry for provisioning tasks.
- UI overhaul - easier to navigate and use. Quick package order and
one-time charges. Separate billing and service contact information.
- Performance optimizations.
- Financials have been rewritten. Apply payments and credits against
specific invoices (in whole or in part), or have the system apply
- Texas tax.
- Improved documentation and easier install.
More information about the freeside-users