[freeside] last chance for MySQL support in 1.4.0

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sun Jul 14 23:29:25 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:39:58PM -0400, Ron Gage wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 22:41, ivan wrote:
> > 1.4.0 is ready to release.
> >
> > If I don't receive patches from the MySQL-using community to work around
> > MySQL's lack of subqueries, 1.4.0 will release without MySQL support.
> >
> > See http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=438
> >
> > You have one week.
>
> I am not in a position to offer an exact patch, nor to test what I am
> about to suggest,

That's really the biggest problem.  No one has stepped forward to "take
ownership" of the MySQL support and see it through.  Not that I don't
appriciate your contribution to the topic; I'm sure it will be helpful if
someone does decide to support MySQL.

> but if someone could give this a try...
>
> SELECT @billpay:= COALESCE(SUM(amount),0) FROM cust_bill_pay WHERE
> cust_bill_pay.invnum = cust_bill.invnum;
> SELECT @creditpay:= COALESCE(SUM(amount),0) FROM cust_credit_bill WHERE
> cust_credit_bill.invnum = cust_bill.invnum;
> SELECT * FROM cust_bill WHERE (charged - @billpay - @creditpay) != 0;

I'd guess you'd want to do something more like the temporary tables in
http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=300 for consistancy if
nothing else.

But ultimately it's up to whoever makes MySQL support happen, if someone
does that.  They're welcome to do it however they like.