[freeside] Install Problems..

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat Jan 26 18:16:08 PST 2002

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 04:20:00PM -0500, Jon wrote:
> Trying to install/Configure freeside, and running into problems.  I tried
> to use cpan to install the various modules, but I don't think it worked
> (using "install DBD::mysql" and so forth).  It LOOKED like it worked.
> Anyway, I installed most of the stuff through FreeBSD's ports collection.
> This system seems to requite a while pile of modules, which I do not
> understand.

Correct.  You don't understand.  If Freeside didn't use those modules,
we'd have to write code that duplicated their functionality, instead of
spending time writing a billing system.

> I want to use FreeSide for its "simplicity" (and free-ness).  Anyway, on to
> the setup:
> FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE, perl 5.005, MySQL, freeside-1.4.0pre7
> I'm guessing its something to do with not finding global.asa?:

You didn't install the supplied global.asa, or you didn't enable it, as
per httemplate/docs/install.html:

- Create a Global directory, such as /usr/local/etc/freeside/asp-global/
- Copy htetc/global.asa to the Global directory.
- Configure Apache for the Global directory and to execute .cgi files
  using Apache::ASP.