[freeside] export

Dave Burgess burgess at mitre.org
Mon Jan 7 06:41:06 PST 2002

Funny you should mention that; we started looking at FreeRadius support last
night.  We are going to need to start using Realms in a few weeks, and the
RADIUS we're using won't do them.

I'm betting that we can get FreeRadius to talk directly to the FreeSide tables
(THAT'S going to get confusing) for authentication.  We also need to get
FreeSide to talk to the Accounting tables as well (report and charge for dial-up
time over-runs, etc).  There is an SQL table definition set in the FreeRadius
source that we could steal ^h^h^h^h^h use as a basis for something we need....

The Accounting piece is relatively low impact (we seldom see more than 1 update
a second) but that's easily configurable.  It can be put on one server, two
servers, or whatever.