[freeside] export

Edward Shabotinsky lanshark at bsinet.net
Fri Jan 4 19:52:58 PST 2002

Thanks for advices.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jeff Finucane" <jeff at cmh.net>

To: <ivan-freeside at sisd.com>

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 1:02 PM

Subject: Re: [freeside] export

> +----------
> | Subject: [freeside] export
> |
> | system running fbsd4.4-stable and freeside 1.4.7pre
> |
> | First thing is error message 'Use of uninitialized value at
> | ./svc_acct.export line 352'
> +----------
>
>   Use of initialized data sounds bad.  Since this code spits out
> vpasswd files, it is conceivable that inappropriate access would
> be granted to the mail system.  My best guess, without more information,
> is that $vpopdir is unitialized.  Do you have a vpopmailmachines file in
> the config directory?

well I don't have any vpasswd's files, because we use sendmail, so I guess i
can play with this code

to see how it's can be avoid.

but i think it's harmless, because i don't have shell or sysv type machines
in config files.

looks like it's only gives error message in case if there is no entry for
'vpop' stuff in configuration files.

> +----------
> | I have username domainname together like this " joedomain.com" instead
just
> | " joe ".
> +----------
>
>   This is controlled by lines 282 through 292 of svc_acct.export.
>
>   If you have a config file 'domain' that contains 'domain.com' then
> 'joe at domain.com' will be rendered in the radius Mysql tables as 'joe'
> instead of 'joedomain.com'

well, hm i thought 'domain' file is deprecated, and if i use default or even
'off' it's should take me

to domain to choose from "there is drop down menu", because don't matter
what i have 'default' or 'off'

dropdown menu is empty. There is only way to put domain with username is
assign one via 'fixed' and number.

but interesting stuff happens when user service is editing. there is again a
dropdown menu, but only one domain is listed :-)

>   Perhaps there should be an '@' in the code at line 289.
>
>   $username=$svc_acct->username . '@' . $svc_domain->domain;
>
>   would cause 'joe at domain.com' to appear in the radius tables.
>
>   If you have other ideas about the username_policy behavior, I'd be
> interested in hearing of them.  Clearly duplicate usernames in the
> radius tables would be a bad thing.

I completely agree with you, but one thing is that if you have primary key
setup for that table 'svs_acct' or 'radcheck' or 'radreply' there is no way
to have duplicate usernames.

the way 'svc_acct' is setup is we can have two choices with setup ether
strictly pop or ppp/pop accounts, so ether one

can't have duplicate usernames.

> --
> jeff at cmh.net
>
> "There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
>  not want merely because you think it would be good for him."
>
>  Professor Bernardo de le Paz
>   [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]

Edward Shabotinsky
System Engineer
BritesiteINet Inc.
www.bsinet.net