[freeside] export

Dave Burgess burgess at mitre.org
Fri Jan 4 13:58:27 PST 2002

Jeff Finucane wrote:

> "Edward Shabotinsky" <lanshark at bsinet.net> wrote on Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:38:26 -0600....
>
> +----------
> | Subject: [freeside] export
> |
> | system running fbsd4.4-stable and freeside 1.4.7pre
> |
> | First thing is error message 'Use of uninitialized value at
> | ./svc_acct.export line 352'
> +----------
>
>   Use of initialized data sounds bad.  Since this code spits out
> vpasswd files, it is conceivable that inappropriate access would
> be granted to the mail system.  My best guess, without more information,
> is that $vpopdir is unitialized.  Do you have a vpopmailmachines file in
> the config directory?

This is a general purpose warning from PERL.  It doesn't like to have a new variable
suddenly appear in scope on the RHS.  $vpopdir is probably not getting initialized in
scope unless the conf file exists.  I think that initializing the variables around line 81
in that file would probably fix the warning.

> +----------
> | I have username domainname together like this " joedomain.com" instead just
> | " joe ".
> +----------
>
>   This is controlled by lines 282 through 292 of svc_acct.export.
>
>   If you have a config file 'domain' that contains 'domain.com' then
> 'joe at domain.com' will be rendered in the radius Mysql tables as 'joe'
> instead of 'joedomain.com'

I think the domain conf file has been deprecated in the 1.4.0pre7 code.

>   Perhaps there should be an '@' in the code at line 289.
>
>   $username=$svc_acct->username . '@' . $svc_domain->domain;
>
>   would cause 'joe at domain.com' to appear in the radius tables.
>
>   If you have other ideas about the username_policy behavior, I'd be
> interested in hearing of them.  Clearly duplicate usernames in the
> radius tables would be a bad thing.

I can't find a ready reference on what constitutes a valid username in a RADIUS file.

I think that would break RADIUS.  The syntax for the RADIUS file is the username (usually
sans domain) followed by the Check Items on the same line, followed by the set items in
the rest of the file.  I haven't looked at the code yet, but I have been working with
RADIUS files for a long time.  I think the idea is that the username with the domain name
concatenated is a reasonable way to identify multiple users from multiple domains.
However it happens, the user probably needs to log in with the domain name on the end.