Freeside 1.3.1. Installation, is there a demo/example configuration ?

jjm1 at gmx.net jjm1 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 22 04:30:52 PST 2002

hello, I want to test Freeside on a Suse Linux System.

Version Numbers:

Suse SuSE Linux 7.3 (i386) - Kernel 2.4.10
Perl , v5.6.1 built for i586-linux
Apache/1.3.20 (Linux/SuSE)
freeside 1.3.1
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.1.3

I am in the networking business and try to install Freeside
without any experience (and knowledge) about Perl, Apache .....
Reading the installation manual (lot of times) is for me a bit of "Ferengi language in a nutshell"
(Sometimes I don't know where the filename ends and the data begins).

But I'm willing to learn and for me it should be very helpful if there is an demonstration of the
directory structure, the configuration files and the data they contains similar to the manual.

If the essential Apache and Perl config examples are added  it would be like Christmas for me.

Did anyone knows some demo or can help me?

thanks in advance

Jose