[freeside] OpenSRS Support

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Tue Aug 27 15:00:12 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:55:06PM -0500, Tim Jung wrote:
> Has anyone looked at or started work on adding OpenSRS support? I am
> currently thinking of possibly working on this due to my background of
> having worked with TUCOWS on the OpenSRS system. If someone has already
> started this let me know as I would then just work with them on this
> feature.

I've looked at it.  I signed up as an OpenSRS registrar and attempted to
go through their testing process, but was never sucessful.  The last time
I tried was using opensrs-sf 1.60, the same version currently available.
The "register 26 domains" step always returned success but never seemed to
actually do anything.  I'll probably look at it again someday, but as
things stand now I'm out $500 and a lot of time I could have spent
implementing more-requested features.

As with the times in the past you've about OpenSRS support - no one is
going to hand this to you.  Folks have their own development priorities
for their individual ISPs (or myself for my customers).

This is free software.  If you want it, you need to _make it happen_.