Session Monitor

Stephen Bechard steve at destek.net
Mon Aug 12 06:15:09 PDT 2002

I have browsed and searched the list-archives and haven't
found any good documentation on the Session Monitor. The
password and signup server were a snap, but I am looking
for a little insight on the Session Monitor piece of Freeside.
I have the script running just fine on the External Machine,
but I can't seem to login using the command line or web
interface. I get various different errors from the script.

Such as:

Error: You appear to be coming from an unknown IP address.
Verify that your computer is set to obtain an IP address automatically via
DHCP.

Error: Time limit exceeded

They are friendly error messages from the script, so I know
that it is contacting the Freeside System just fine.

So my questions are the following:

Do I have to manually populate the nas and port table?
If so, can someone enlighten me on what a sample entry
in the tables should look like.

Also, I see that there are options that need to be set in
the configuration page for "session start" and "session stop".
I am not sure how this relates to the session monitor.
Do I need to have entries in here before it will work?
If so could someone provide a sample for a FreeBSD System
running Livingston Radius.

Thanks in Advance,
Steve