[freeside] One Time Charges

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Wed Aug 7 14:57:16 PDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 02:34:43PM -0700, Brad Dameron wrote:
> One thing that has kept us from using freeside is the pricing plans. Here is
> an example.
>
> Our monthly is $20 a month. Our quarterly is $57. However some users that do
> month by month at times pay for a quarter. So we don't want to have to
> switch their package. But say someone pays the $57 which is $19 a month then
> comes in after two months and wants a refund for the remaining $19. There is
> no way to give them the $19 credit back easily.

"Post credit" from the main customer view doesn't do what you want?
Perhaps you, too, should take a look at the 1.4.0 web demo?  Or I'm not
understanding your feature request very well...

On the general topic of "this is the critical feature that prevents us
from using the software" - this is a collaberative project.  If the
feature set isn't evolving in the appropriate direction for your ISP,
you may want to consider contributing the customizations you need.

Here's a general guide to feature requests:

- Come up with a decent specification for the feature you're requesting.
  Specifics help - a detailed, specific feature request is more likely to
  get attention than a very general one.

- Make sure your request is not already in the current release, or in the
  bug-tracking system already - http://pouncequick.420.am/rt/

- Send the feature request to freeside-bugs at pouncequick.420.am

- The request will be picked up, triaged and assigned a priority and
  possibly a target release (probably just "future").  You'll probably be
  asked to clarify things in the original request.

- If you like, you'll be automatically kept informed by the bug-tracking
  system about any changes or progress on your request.

- If you need your request implemented in a definite timeframe,  consider
  contributing or sponsoring work in the area you need.