[freeside] SMTP: Connection

ivan at 420.am ivan at 420.am
Tue Aug 6 19:04:56 PDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 09:33:17PM -0400, David B. Hughes wrote:
> I'm running version 1.47 of Mail-Tools. Would it
> be better to drop down to 1.15 of Mail-Tools?

No.  Freeside depends on a minimum of version 1.44.  The problems noted in
the list archives were resolved in 1.44.

Your problem is not with MailTools or Freeside.  Your problem was clearly
stated in the original error message:

"can't send invoice email to a.winter at eaco.com via
server oracle.networkinghq.net with SMTP: Connection refused"

The oracle.networkinghq.net machine did not accept a connection on port 25.

There will be a full debug trace from Mail::Internet in your Apache
error.log (if running from the web interface) or sent to STDERR (if you
were using freeside-daily).

As far as I can tell, your problem has nothing to do with Freeside.
Perhaps a better place for assistance with your MTA would be the mailing
list for that MTA.