Authorization Question

Jason jbrunk at whitetec.com
Sun Sep 30 01:40:56 PDT 2001

- All Modules have been installed and to my knowledge are working correctly.

- FreeBSD 4.3 Release: MySQL

Not really an errror just a question on my configuration.  I am running apache 1.3.19_1

here is my question, this is the first time i have ever used the mapsecrets stuff.

here is what i have, i don't think it is correct because i can not get into my site through a browser because i am not clear where my password comes from.

in my .htaccess file i have the following.

AuthName "restricted stuff"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/freeside/mapsecrets
require valid-user

then in my mapsecrets i have

admin sec_admin

where admin is the user and sec_admin is the secrets file

then in my sec_admin file i have

DBI:mysql:freeside
freeside
free1

where the first line is my connection string
second is my dbusername
third is dbpassword

so i guess what i am askig is, where do i assign the password for the account admin?  do i have something messed up?

jason