[freeside] freeside database diagram

ivan ivan at 420.am
Fri Sep 7 13:47:15 PDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 02:37:26PM -0600, Kevin Steffensen wrote:
> I've been constructing a database diagram of the freeside database to give
> myself a visual overview of where things are stored and what relationships
> there are between tables.  I've been using the Schema reference to help
> match up the relationships, but I still don't think I have everything quite
> right.
>
> Has anyone else constructed such a diagram and if so could they please send
> it out?

I did a paper one during the design phase many years ago, but I have no
idea where that wound up.  It'd be out-of-date anyway.

> Or if nobody has attempted such a thing, perhaps I could send out the
> diagram I have made in .jpg form and somebody can point out where I have
> gone wrong?

Sure.  Post a link to it, not an attachment, and also please tell us which
version of the schema you are attempting to diagram.  1.4.0 will have a
different schema than 1.3.1; probably not worth trying to diagram the
1.3.1 schema.

may I suggest dia?  http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/