1.4.0 test snapshot #4

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Oct 22 04:11:55 PDT 2001

http://www.sisd.com/freeside/freeside-1.4.0pre4.tar.gz

If you're upgrading from pre3 rather than 1.3.1 or a fresh install, see
README.1.4.0pre3-4.  Upgraders from 1.3.1 see upgrade8.html; for new
installations see install.html

over pre3, this release has:

Price plans.  For starters, multi-level customer-to-customer commissions
in addition to flat rate pricing.  Price plans are written in Perl and
it's straightforward to add new ones.  I'm expect we'll see plans for
pro-rating, metered billing and the like soon.

New UI for packages and price plans.

Per-package tax exemption for setup and/or recurring fee

New UI in the signup server, new customer and new account pages that
breaks down access numbers by state and should be easier to use for a
large number of dialup numbers.  (POPs)

Database support for local call mapping - the data on what exchanges
can call which of your access numbers as a local call.

And as Jesse would say:

Fewer old bugs.

More new bugs.