1.4.0pre3 doc error, signup coupons, & credit card ideas

Jeff Foster jfoste at woodward.com
Fri Oct 12 09:18:09 PDT 2001

1.4.0pre3 doc error -

In the upgrade8.html doc there are 2 errors in the PostgreSQL
section for database changes after doing the migrate -

1) The line -
	CREATE UNIQUE INDEX cust_pay1 ON cust_pay paynum;
should read -
	CREATE UNIQUE INDEX cust_pay1 ON cust_pay (paynum);

2) The line -
	CREATE UNIQUE INDEX cust_refund1 ON cust_refund refundnum;
should read
	CREATE UNIQUE INDEX cust_refund1 ON cust_refund (refundnum);

Signup coupons -

When I run the signup screen using the coupon payment method and
I don't have any coupons created; I get the 'Thanks for signing up'
message even though the backend has finished with an error. I think
this should display a message telling the user that the coupon is
invalid.
I haven't tested this with an invalid coupon number to see what happens.

Credit card ideas -

I would like to see the system support automatically charging users
credit cards when the user's time runs out. I understand that storing
customer credit card information is a BAD thing. To get around this
problem I am suggesting that this data should be store using encrypted
values. Then the admin could run a script that would prompt for the
encryption passkey and then process the credit card transactions.

I would like to see the system support an automatic check draft system
using the same idea for data encryption.

Jeff Foster
jfoste at woodward.com

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****