[freeside] Mason

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed Oct 3 19:16:54 PDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 04:43:27PM -0700, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> Again, nevermind.  Apache::ASP works fine, like the docs say.  Mason
> smokes crack.

Oh, Mason is great.  If I were writing a web app from scratch, I'd choose
it over Apache::ASP for sure.  The main reason Apache::ASP is working
better for Freeside right now is that, under Mason, you can't use the
CGI.pm module to parse GET/POST arguments:

http://www.masonhq.com/docs/faq/#should i use cgi.pm to read get/post arguments

To get Mason in a more usable state, I hope to provide a "wrapper"
CGI.pm that implements the necessary methods (they're scattered all over
the various cgi's-that-became-"templates").