[freeside] usage hours.

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed May 30 06:03:00 PDT 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:35:24AM +0700, Willy Marlian wrote:
> Hi.
>
> My Server configuration is:
> - Linux 2.2.17
> - mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.37, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)
> - apache-1.3.14-2.6.2
> - perl-5.00503-12
> - mod_perl-1.23-3
>
> I have some problems here:
> 1. I can't find to define usage hours service in "Edit Service Definition"
> page.

Time-based accounting is done with granularity in seconds, not hours.
When editing a service you can set a default or fixed inital value for
"seconds".  Also see htdocs/docs/session.html

> 2. Refer to your online documentation, there are many Configuration Files
> in directory '/usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.datasource', but when I look
> into my server I only found:
> address  domain  home  lpr  registries  secrets  shells  smtpmachine
> Where are the others? Can I make a new file to make the other
> configuration? Which format should I use then?

Read htdocs/docs/config.html

> 3. I was trying to use ./svc_acct.import but I received some error messages:
>
> POP mail accounts have entries in passwd only, and have a particular shell.
> Enter that shell: 1

You need to enter the shell in question.

> Enter the location and name of your _user_ passwd file, for example
> "mail.isp.com:/etc/passwd" or "nis.isp.com:/etc/global/passwd"
> : /etc/passwd

You need to enter the machine name and filename, not just the filename, as
per the examples.

> 4. Please give me some example about how to use TEMPLATE_cust_main.import

Before using this file, you need to customize it for your particular
legacy data.  It is provided as an example to get you started, not as a
program ready for you to run.

--
meow