Installation Problems

wes weems wweems at fix.net
Sat Mar 24 20:31:58 PST 2001

Ok,

Lemme give you a little background on this machine...

dual 866mhz p3, running freebsd 4.2. I decided to install apache (latest)

I've successfully installed all the modules, and beleive I have the directory structure all set up ok.

I guess my questions are:

for auth, are we trying to set up htaccess style auth, just pointing to that mapsecrets file?

Is there a sample of the configs for the /usr/local/etc/freeside dir? I cant make sense of the online documentation...

And if anyone knows how to set up suexec, which I realize there is a link to the documentation page, that would be excellent

I understand this entails most of the difficult installation procedures.. I think freeside is the answer for me.. i just need to get past these last few hurdles.

Regards,
Wes Weems