[freeside] Error: Unknown local account (specified literally)

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Mar 8 02:12:25 PST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 12:45:10PM +0300, Andrew Wafula wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Whenever I attempt to create a new customer I get the error:
>
> Error: Unknown local account (specified literally)
>
> What could be causing this?

You're trying to enter a billing email address that freeside thinks is
local (specified in the `domain' configuration file) and so the
svc_acct table is searched for a matching account.  Since it isn't
found, the error is returned.

You might get this error if the email address you've specified is on your
local system and doesn't exist.

You might get this error if you haven't imported any legacy data and so
have an empty svc_acct table.

You might also get this error if you're trying to add a new customer with
an account, and specify the to-be-added account as the billing email
address.  Currently, you'll need to add the billing email address after
the initial customer creation.

--
meow