[freeside] Slashdot reader has valuable input?

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Jan 11 04:05:42 PST 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 10:26:32PM -0800, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> We've made modification's to support wireless as well.  As soon as I get
> the database changes to Ivan

DBIx::DBSchema on CPAN is directly descended from the schema-handling
stuff in Freeside (FS::dbdef and friends).  When I get a free minute,
Freeside will switch over to DBIx::DBSchema.

The relevance to you is that instead of patching fs-setup "manually", you
can use DBIx::DBSchema to read your existing schema from MySQL or Pg, and
generate source code to drop right into the tables_hash_hack subroutine of
fs-setup.

>, he can put it in CVS.  I can tell you from
> experience, rewriting the whole thing was not necessary.

Yep, adding new services shouldn't be too difficult.  Did you find
eg/table_template-svc.pm useful?

--
meow