[freeside] Anyone interested in a Freeside web GUI for Customers?

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Aug 23 19:39:38 PDT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 04:08:39PM -0400, Administrator wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Why not modify CBMS  http://www.voxel.net/projects/cbms/ , a GPL PHP / MYSQL

CBMS is not GPL.  It is available under the Voxel Public License, which is
incompatible with the dual GPL/Artistic license Freeside is distributed
under.  In addition, the Voxel public license is *not* an open-source or
free software license, as it does not allow redistribution (or "use"!) in
compiled form.  For reference:

http://voxel.net/VPL.txt
http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines
http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.html

> billing package that has that ability, to take from the Freeside DB?

The difference in CBMS's schema, it's lack of transactions, and no secure
separatation of the customer server/backend billing server make this a
much larger project than the addition of this functionality to Freeside.