freeside and legasy install

James Maxwell support at etainternet.com
Tue Apr 17 17:50:49 PDT 2001

Hi there, the new cvs for 1.3.0 looks kewl, got a legacy question or two.

--------------------------------

Here's what I have in the box

RH7

Cistron Radius (User Auth is System - pam_cracklib and the NOT Users file)

All auth is handled by pam

Mysql 3...36

Everything is stock nothin too wierd

---------------------------------

When I try to import passwd/shadow file I get a Illegal Passwd error.

The shadow file is encrypted via the stock passwd crypt scheme and throws in /\.

and other non standard (illegal) characters

How can I augment the svc_account.import script to accept these characters?

So anyways the script imports passwd/shadow data just fine (barring further errors), but I seems to be
missing a step as this generates unlinked accounts.

Do I first use the Template_cust_main to import the customer data first then import the shadow/passwd?
Does it matter? I hate to think I gotta physically input 1500+ userids/data

Another is encryption, I'm fine with it, I like it, but I'm paranoid of clients not being able to
login. If the passwd is encrypted in the shadow file(pam), and the User file contains no user data, does
freeside (after svc_acct.import) re-encrypt the mysql passwd record?

If the user wishes to change thier passwd, is the new passwd pam/crypt compatible? How and where do I change this?

Does freeside use the systems encryption scheme or its own flavour?

--
ETA Internet
Technical Support
support at etainternet.com