[freeside] Date

Jason Spence thalakan at technologist.com
Sat Apr 14 14:34:18 PDT 2001

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 10:51:47AM -0700, rdailey at colusanet.com developed
a new theory of relativity and:
> How would one safely go about modifying freeside such that all customers,
> regardless of the day they are signed up, have their package setup date set
> to the first of the month they are signed up in?
>
> i.e. They are signed up on the 4th, but the initial package (and the
> subsequent billing cycles) are from the first to the first of the next month.

I've spent a lot of time and energy coming up with the solution to
that problem.  I have two:

A (somewhat incomplete) long-term solution which allows the user to
select the billing cycle per package

A complete short-term solution which overrides the existing code and
makes all the packages prorated.

 - Jason