Service numbers and legacybillingdata

Tim McCullagh timbo at halenet.com.au
Wed Nov 22 01:41:33 PST 2000

Hi Ivan,

Can you telll me whether I understand the Template_cust_main
LegacyBillingData variable correctly.

In my legacy_file (legacy billing data to be imported), I have a field
LegacyBillingData.  This legacy billing data field  has the name of one of
my  packages ie " Hours Bulk "  etc.   Should this be an interger value? or
should it be reading the corresponding value associated with it  in the
my(%pkgpart) say => 1

eg

my(%pkgpart)=(
  'Hours Bulk '                => 1,

Do I understand the Template_cust_main correctly when I read the

my($cust_pkg)=new FS::cust_pkg ( {
  'custnum' => $svc{'custnum'},
  'pkgpart' => $pkgpart{$svc{'LegacyBillingData'}}, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  'setup'   => '',

The pkgpart variable is an interger value made up from the my(%pkgpart) number and the $svc{'LegacyBillingData' number.

This seems to be where my errors are originating.   For some reason the pkgpart number being returned is 0 for all imported legacy accounts

What am I doing wrong do you think?

TIA

Tim