[freeside] Importing Legacy master.passwd data with svc_acct.import

Tim McCullagh timbo at halenet.com.au
Sat Nov 18 00:24:16 PST 2000

Hi Ivan,

I didn't have any luck with importing the encrypted passwords

Instead of

xxxxxx:$1LBPlP4ou0b$1g1VBgsmWvT.0DVTs.:xxxxxx:105::0:0:somebody x
:/usr/x/xxxxxx:/bin/sh

I get

| xxxxxxx| 1x13x | NULL  | 0.0.0.0 | 2WmXc8PL  |  105 | /bin/sh | NULL   |
3514 | /usr/x/xxxxxx   |   NULL |

The passwd.import file is correct, which would suggest that it is being read
correctly from the original master.passwd.  Seems it is a problem between
the password.import and the db it is being inserted to.

When I add users through the web interface it inserts the passwords in clear
text if that helps.

My password field is 40 characters  and I have run the bin/dbdef-create
again

Any ideas?

What other info can I give you?

I have left the original message attached and have added the lines I changed
to address the directory structure question I asked previously just for the
mailing list.   I find them helpful and I guess others would to.  Are you
interested in some expanded documentation?   What format ?  html perhaps

TIA again

Tim

> 2.  When I import passwords from my master.passwd the svc_acct.import
only
> inserts 8 characters into the password field.

You can specify the maximum username length when you run fs-setup.  To
change it afterwords, change the length of the SQL column and run
bin/dbdef-create.  Also check the usernamemin and usernamemax
configuration files, documented in htdocs/docs/config.html

>  My master.passwd has
> encrypted paswords with $ signs in them.   When I write scripts to make
any
> changes I normally have to use '  ' around my '${passwd}' to copy them
> correctly.    Do you think I need to change the svc_acct.import to reflect
> this as well ?

No, Perl's interpolation semantics are different from shell.  Actually
you shouldn't be doing anything sensitive like that with shell, because
the quoting conventions are so insecure.

> 3.  I have set up my customers home directorys under the following path
> structure.   /home/usr/{initial}/{username}.
> This structure is in my master.passwd.  how would you suggests I change
the
> import script to catter for this? or can you suggest how this might be
done

I don't think the import script needs to be modified, but you will need to
modify svc_acct.pm so that new home directories are assigned correctly.

Thanks here as well

I uncommented the line suggested in the svc_acct.pm

      $dir_prefix . '/' . substr($recref->{username},0,1). '/' .
$recref->{username} ;

and commented
    #$dir_prefix . '/' . $recref->{username}

--
meow