[freeside] POP Locater

Stephen Amadei amadei at dandy.net
Wed Nov 15 14:00:20 PST 2000

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Tim Jung wrote:

> Anyone know of a script or program for Linux that lets the customer put in a
> phone number and it tells them what the closest POP dial-up number is? I
> know you would have to input the prefixes and POP numbers but something
> automated for the customers to use would be great.

I guess it depends on how local your calling area is.  We offer outsourced
nationwide dialup, so our script (which is kinda yucky) first uses a huge
internal PERL if structure to do our local area.  Since our first
outsourced dialup provider's lookup was screwed, we enlarged it to
encompass all of NJ.  If the number is still not found, it raids the web
page of our first outsource provider.  If it is still not found, I use a
second nasty local database I raided from WebTV, since our second
outsourced dialup company doesn't use a lookup.

I have been trying to put together a local calling area database for
years, which my next script will use.  So far, have NJ, DE and RI done.  I
also have access to NH, ME and all of Canada, but I need to write a
converter.

I could send you my first script, which if you cut most of the extra stuff
out of would give you a rudimentary system.  But the code is pretty raw.

Also, send me your LCA info for your area, and I will add it to my master
database, and give you read access to the current system.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ