[freeside] config question

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sun Nov 5 05:08:36 PST 2000

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:03:43AM +1100, Chris Joyce wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I'm just trying to work out if I can do the following with freedide ,
>
> I run ICradius with MySQL
>
> I'd like to setup billing in the follwoing way
>
> a fixed monthley fee ( paid in advanced )
>     with an excess time charge ( time based , charged at end of month )
>     an excess data download charge ( Mb based , charged at end of month )
>     auto disable if credit runns out ( taking into accout excess time/data , regardless of when this is)

Freeside can support arbitrailly complex pricing plans
because of a simple concept: all prices are perl expressions.  So if
you use `19.95' for example, perl evalates that to be `19.95'.  But if
you need to do a complex pricing scheme, you just need to write an
appropriate perl expression, which will most likely pull data from the
database to return pricing.  Some things will already log to SQL; for
example most RADIUS servers can or have a patch available.  Getting
Freeside to bill based on any sort of data then becomes a matter of
importing the data into the database.

There are some issues involved with pro-rating, partial month charges,
that sort of thing.  Expressions will need a standard way to have the
applicable time/data ranges passed to them.  Also the expressions are
current running under the Safe perl module, and the opmask might not
be right in all situations.

--
meow