usernames + password

Colin Chan colinc at terrigal.net.au
Sun May 28 18:00:04 PDT 2000

Hi,

We have users with login names that are less than 4 characters, it seems
as though freeside is limited to at least 4 characters for logins and 6
characters for passwords.
I've looked at the svc_acct.pm file and attempted to change the two
lines that seems to be the values for the usernamemin and passwordmin -

#ask FS::UID to run this stuff for us later
$FS::UID::callback{'FS::svc_acct'} = sub {
  $conf = new FS::Conf;
  $dir_prefix = $conf->config('home');
  @shells = $conf->config('shells');
  $shellmachine = $conf->config('shellmachine');
  $usernamemin = $conf->config('usernamemin') || 2;
  $usernamemax = $conf->config('usernamemax');
  $passwordmin = $conf->config('passwordmin') || 6;
};

I change the values to 0 and 2 respectively, and restarted mysql and
reloaded the cgi file on the web browser. It seems as though the check
for both username and password are still using the old values.

I maybe wrong about these values as I don't know much about perl
programming. I would greatly appreiciate it if someone could provide me
with some answers :)

Cheers.