[freeside] Referrals

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat May 20 21:32:22 PDT 2000

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 09:47:51AM -0500, Brian Walters wrote:
> We'd like to offer a referral program for our subscribers. As it is today I
> can't figure out any way to track a referral bonus through the system. Since
> we don't require our users to sign a contract, I'd like to be able to give
> the referring customer 1 month of free service after the new customer has
> been with us for 1 month.
>
> Any ideas?

Hmm, you'd need a table of customer-to-customer referrals, with the
custnum of the new customer, the custnum of the referring customer, the
date and a flag to indicate if the free month had been credited.  You'd
then run a cron job every day searching for rows that were at least a
month old but without the flag set, then credit the referring customer and
set the flag for each row.

> Hey Ivan, has any work started to integrate Freeside with the ccvs available
> from RedHat?

I'll be adding this as soon as I get access to a test environment.

--
meow