[freeside] Configuration files.

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Fri May 12 19:45:06 PDT 2000

Create the /usr/local/etc/freeside directory to hold you configuration.

The mapsecrets file maps apache users to a secrets file which contains a
db reference, username, and password.  For example, if you had the users
admin, john, and sam and you are using MySQL and a database called
freeside; your mapsecrets field look something like...

admin conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/secrets
john conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/secrets
sam conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/secrets

"conf.DBI:mysql:freeside" is a directory under /usr/local/etc/freeside
that holds the configuration files for that database.  If you were using
PostgreSQL and a database called fs it would be conf.DBI:pgsql:fs.

Next, your secrets file, located under your config directory which is
pointed to by you map secrets file, has three lines; db engine, db
username, and db password.  For this example it would look something
like...

DBI:mysql:freeside
dbusername
dbpassword

The dbusername and dbpassword should reflect what you have set in your
database.

The rest is pretty straight forward.  The documentation explains what each
config file does but there is an example config directory in the freeside
source tree called conf.

Hope that helps,

-Kristian Hoffmann
<khoff at pc-intouch.com>