[freeside] Can't locate object method "freeze" via package "FS::dbdef" problem.

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Mar 7 05:52:32 PST 2000

Thanks for the excellent bug report.

> the FreezeThaw.pm is installed.

You haven't installed the FreezeThaw package.

> I had a preivious error saying I couldn't find the FreezeThaw.pm module but
> I fixed this by creating a link
> to it FreezeThaw.pm -> /usr/lib/perl5/MLDBM/Serializer/FreezeThaw.pm in the
> @INC path, this seem to have worked

No, that's not FreezeThaw, that's part of the MLDBM package.  You need to
remove that link and install the actual FreezeThaw package.

> but I was wondering if it was possible to add more search paths to the
> above @INC?  is it a file that definds this list, if so where ?

In a perl script, you can do something like:
  BEGIN { unshift "/path/", @INC; }

There's also an environment variable (PERL5INC?) and a command-line option
IIRC, and you can set the @INC path when you compile Perl.  You probably
just want to leave it alone, however - CPAN installs modules into the @INC
path by default.

> I am using fs-1.2.2 couldn't find the dbi etc versions, but cpan reports
> they don't need up grading.

That should be enough to insure you have the latest versions.

--
meow
_ivan