[freeside] Virtual mail domains

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Thu Jun 29 11:42:37 PDT 2000

We are about to start using exim, instead of sendmail, to do virtual
domains more efficiently with freeside.  Since the mail aliases
in svc_acct_sm link to real uids from svc_acct, we figured we could just
create everyones shell account formated like userdomain (eg, khoffpci).
That way you don't have to use something like vpopmail to seperate the
different namespaces.  Then you can have as many khoff's in svc_acct_sm as
you want just as long as the link to unique usernames and uids in
svc_acct (eg, khoffpci, khoffnarf, khofffoo, etc.).

-Kristian
<khoff at pc-intouch.com>