[freeside] Billing + Freeside Bill Script

Colin colinc at terrigal.net.au
Mon Jun 26 17:13:12 PDT 2000

ivan wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 09:49:34AM +1000, Colin wrote:
> >

> > ivan wrote:

> > > You can use the -d option of freeside-bill to run billing as if it's a
> > > different date.  As per my previous message, Freeside does not currently
> > > support pro-rating or 1st-of-the-month billing, only anniversery billing.
> >
> > I think you may have misinterpreted my question, we do not wish to implement
> > pro-rating billing.
> > We would like 1st of the month but we can simply changed all packages to the
> > 1st of the month manually to do this so that anniversary billing is used.
> >
> > My question is whether we can bill/print the invoice before the actual billing
> > date.
> > Eg: If the next billing date is 07/01/2000, can we print the invoice prior to
> > this date, say 06/26/2000, so that the customers can receive the invoice
> > before the billing date.
>
> Again, you can use the -d option of freeside-bill to run billing as if
> it's a different date.
>
> > At the moment it seems as though no customers get billed even if i specify the
> > date prior to the billing date when running the billing script. It runs the
> > script as though it is billing the customers but nothing is entered in mysql,
> > i've checked all the tables.
> > It'll only add the data if the date i specify is after the billing date, as in
> > the above example 07/02/2000 works fine.
>
> What's the question then?
>
> --
> meow
> _ivan

yes, i know -d can run the billing script with a different date, but it ONLY seems
to work with dates after the next billing date, not with dates before.
EG:
    next billing date = 07/01/2000  (this date is already stored in the database)
    i want to bill prior to above date, say 06/26/2000
    i run 'freeside-bill -c -d 2000-06-26 freeside'
    It seems to run through and bill customers, I go to mysql and check the tables,
nothing is added in cust_bill, cust_bill_pkg, cust_pay_batch, and the billing date
is not changed to the next month (08/01/2000) for packages
    IF i run 'freeside-bill -c -d 2000-07-02 freeside' it works fine, but this date
is after the billing date which is not what we want to do.

We want to bill customers prior to the next billing date, not after.