[freeside] Billing

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Jun 20 00:43:01 PDT 2000

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 09:27:02AM -0400, Jeff Finucane wrote:

> ivan wrote:
>
> +----------
> | Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 05:29:32 -0700
> | From: ivan <ivan at 420.am>
> | To: ivan-freeside at sisd.com
> | Subject: Re: [freeside] Billing
> |
> | Currently, only manually, by editing the database.
> |
> | In the short term, there will be support for manually changing the
> | dates.  Note that this won't (yet) do pro-rating, though I'd like to
> | support that eventually too.
> |
> | On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 12:35:33PM +1200, Colin wrote:
> | >
> | > Is it possible to restrict all of the billing for customers to the 1st
> | > of each month rather than having scattered dates for each customer?
> | >
> +----------
>

>    Just a quick note about the patch I sent.  Since it relies upon
> Date::Manip it suffers from a horrid daylight savings time issue, just
> as Date::Manip does.  In short, it's unreliable.

Can you elaborate a bit?  I've looked at Date::Manip and liked the
available functions, though I suppose an overloaded object would be a
nicer interface.  I had been planning on using it for quite a few things.

If you're just looking to parse a user-entered date, try Date::Parse.

> I quickly switched to GNU sh-utils date as a replacement, but I'm not
> certain that the call is completely safe.

I'd also like to avoid shelling out if at all possible.

--
meow