vpopmail WAS: ICradius

Kenny Elliott kenny at neoserve.com
Fri Jun 16 07:37:32 PDT 2000

> > I'm now working on getting vpopmail
> (http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/)
> > support into freeside.
> >
> > Basically I'm looking at copying and modifying the current
> > useradd/userdel
> > functionality to ssh to the vpopmail machine and run
> > vadduser/vdeluser.
> >
> > Unless you have a better suggestion.
>
> More important than transactional support (useradd/userdel) is batch
> export, as in svc_acct.export.

Yeah I agree but I haven't gotten my head around how the export should
work yet so I'm just doing what I can and working up to the bigger
stuff.

I don't know if you are familiar with vpopmail but just in case here
is
a short explanation. It works in conjunction with qmail to allow for
multiple users and multiple domains all running under one system
account
(in my case vpopmail). One nice feature is that it allows you to have
more than one foo user. i.e. you can have a foo at me.com and a
foo at you.com
and have them checked by different users. This is done by having
people
put their full email address as their username when they check their
mail
via pop. It also supports separate password files or mysql for
authentication.
When a user is created a user dir with a maildir (it uses qmail
preferred maildir
format for mail boxes instead of mbox) is created in the appropriate
domain
directory and the user is added to either the password file for that
domain
or the mysql database (whichever you are using). utilities also exist
delete a user, create and delete domains, change a users password, and
send
to send pop bulletins to all users.

I know that all this can be easily interfaced with freeside but it is
beyond
my perl capabilities at the moment.

Which brings me to a question. I added in vadduser and vdeluser
support into
svc_acct.pm and vadduser works perfectly. However, when I cancel a
service for
someone vdeluser and deluser never gets called. Am I overlooking
something
obvious? Should I be doing something other than cancel on the service?

One more thing. :) Considering that you can have more than one foo
user with email
accounts in different domains. How would you suggest I go about
supporting that
in freeside?

If there is anything else you like me to work on just let me know...