Remote Host Disconnected: Connection lost after ssh connect

Koos Strydom strydom at prosperitas.com.au
Thu Jun 15 04:27:08 PDT 2000

Hi Ivan,

I'm in the process of testing freeside to implement it on our production
system ASAP.
I'm quite confident that the config is as described in the
documentation, but cannot seem to be able to get user accounts created
on our shell, mail or radius machines.

I can as user freeside login to the aforementioned machines using the
command ssh root at host without any hassle, but when I use signup.cgi, the
WEB server just stands there and wait for a reply from the shell
machine. When I use the manual create customer page it seems that
everything is processed, but examining the other hosts I found no
records created in /etc/passwd or no user directories created.

On checking the shell machines error log I found that user root did get
authenticated with sshd, but the remote host got diconnected
immediately.

I've also inserted the following lines into svc_acct.pm to verify that
the variables is passed to svc_acct.pm
warn $username;
warn $uid;
warn $dir;
warn $shell;
warn $shellmachine;
and the errorlog verified that the variables is passed.

What else can I look for?

Your help will be appreciated,

regards,
Johannes Strydom