Payment types

Turtle turtle at netzon.net
Tue Jun 13 12:54:25 PDT 2000

Ok.. I'm trying to figure out what kind of payment type to use now... It supports
"Cybercash, Authorize.net, and Verisign (formerly signio)"

Going to cybercash's website reveals that there is no such thing as a product
or service called cybercash, only a company, and the only thing that I can guess
is that it interfaces with Webauthorize?

Which is the easiest/best one to use?  I would like to use LinkPoint because
it has a nice perl module API that would make it very easy to do.

Also, I can't immagine how it could possibly interface with authorize.net, because
in authorize.net the customer is presented with an html form with hidden fields
that have the amount, etc, and then they are transported to authorize.net's
site where they enter their credit card info.  There's no way to do this other
than enter everyone's credit card info every time with authorize.net, unless
there's some other method not advirtised on their website.  How does this work?
Also the documentation said that the credit cards can be billed real time but
you would have to modify site_perl/Bill.pm.   However it doesn't say how or
why to modify it, or what about it need modifying.

What is everyone else using for credit card authorization?  Before I started
working on freeside I was developing my own version of a similar program and
I was going to just export a text file with all the info for every credit card
customer on the 20th of every month, and then import it into PCAuthorize, where
all 30 or so of our Credit Card customers would be billed simultaneously.  That
is pretty much what I want to do with Freeside, as well as have an interface
where the customer enters their information and is immediately presented with
a confirmation screen telling them the status of their signup.

Brian