[freeside] FreezeThaw

ivan ivan at 420.am
Sat Jun 10 16:46:00 PDT 2000

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 09:13:32AM -0700, Turtle wrote:
> Hi.  I am trying to install freeside 1.2.3 on my SuSE Linux 6.3 system with Kernel
> 2.2.13.  Everything seems to be going well.  I really think you should update
> the documentation though relating to the configuration files, whoever is reading
> this and is in charge of that.

Anyone's in charge of it who wants to submit a patch.

> After reading an archived article from this
> message board I got my configuration files pretty straightened out except for
> /usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside which wasn't mentioned even
> once in the documentation nor on this board, so I just copied the conf.DBI:mysql:freeside
> into the dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside folder, having absolutely no idea what it
> is.

Don't do that.  The dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside file is created when you run
fs-setup as documented in htdocs/docs/install.html.

>  It seemed to work.

Umm, no.

>  Somehow the suexec function in SuSE 6.3's distribution
> of linux seems to be broken, because I've tried it on three suse 6.3 boxes and
> suexec never worked on any of them.

suEXEC comes with the Apache distribution, is not normally installed or
enabled by default, and requires modification of your Apache configuration
files.  This is documented in <http://www.apache.org/docs/suexec.html>,
which is linked to _suEXEC_ in the installation instructions.

>  So, I have had to change the default user/group
> of the whole web server to user freeside group freeside.  In this case it's
> fine cause this is a box set up specifically for freeside.
>
> I also have the newest version of DBI and whatever as of yesterday, since that's
> when I downloaded all of it, including every perl module listed in the freeside
> docs.
>
> So, when I go to any of the CGI scripts in freeside I am presented with this
> error message:
>
> Software error:
>
> Do not know how to thaw data with code `' at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FreezeThaw.pm
> line 465
> FreezeThaw::thawScalar(0) called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FreezeThaw.pm
> line 604
> FreezeThaw::thaw('') called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/dbdef.pm line
> 73
> FS::dbdef::load('FS::dbdef', '/usr/local/etc/freeside/dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside')
> called at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/Record.pm line 756 FS::Record::reload_dbdef
> called at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/Record.pm line 19 FS::Record::__ANON__ called
> at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/UID.pm line 84 FS::UID::adminsuidsetup('turtle')
> called at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/FS/UID.pm line 105 FS::UID::cgisuidsetup('CGI=HASH(0x80d22dc)')
> called at
> /usr/local/fs-1.2.3/htdocs/edit/cust_main.cgi line 138
>

> What is this all about?  I've tried re-installing freezethaw, and I've tried
> the older version of freezethaw (0.3) and nothing changes.  I don't understand
> what is going on.  Any Ideas?

It doesn't have anything to do with FreezeThaw.  You didn't run fs-setup
as documented in htdocs/docs/install.html, or, in your case, it looks like
you overwrite the created dbdef.DBI:mysql:freeside file.

--
meow